Investment Properties

HomeInvestment Properties

Investment Properties

When it comes to investment properties, whether you’re looking for rental income or future resale potential, having a solid plan is key. With investment properties, you’ll typically need a 20% down payment to avoid mortgage default insurance, giving you more flexibility and saving you money in the long run. At Benson Mortgages, we understand the importance of making informed decisions, which is why we’re here to guide you every step of the way.

No CMHC insurance
With a 20% downpayment CMHC insurance premium does not apply.
No Application Fees
At Benson Mortgages you never pay application fees.
Due Diligence

Do your due diligence and research.

Extended Amortization

Extended amortization options for up to 30 years.

Simple Monthly Payment
We offer our clients a single mortgage and a simplified monthly payment structure.
Variable or Fixed?

Choosing between a variable and fixed mortgage rate? It all boils down to your situation, risk tolerance, and economic factors.  Ultimately, your choice depends on your financial goals and comfort level. Chat with a mortgage advisor to make the best decision for you!

Fixed Rate:

  • Provides stability with a constant interest rate throughout your mortgage term.
  • Great for budgeting and shielding against potential rate hikes.

Variable Rate:

  • Often starts lower, potentially saving you money upfront.
  • But, it fluctuates with the prime lending rate, posing a risk if rates rise.
Save $$$

Through our strong relationships with leading lenders, we’re able to access preferential rates that are typically reserved for high-volume clients. We’re committed to passing these benefits directly on to you, ensuring that you receive the most competitive rates. Even a marginal reduction in interest rates can result in substantial savings over the mortgage term.

Loan To Value Ratio
Up to 80% LTV (Loan To Value Ratio) for your investment purchases.
Debt Coverage Ratio
When it comes to Debt Coverage Ratio (DCR), each lending institution has its own criteria. Some may consider rental offset, where a portion of your rental income is factored into your mortgage payments. This can affect your Debt Ratio – for example, if your rental income covers 70% of your mortgage, the remaining 30% shortfall is counted in your Debt Ratio. However, any surplus in rental income adds to your net worth. It’s like a balancing act, but we’re here to help you navigate it smoothly!

Types Of Investment Properties We Finance

Vacation Rentals

Properties located in tourist areas can be rented out on a short-term basis to vacationers. They offer flexibility for personal use and potential for high rental income during peak seasons.

Mixed-Use Properties

These properties combine residential and commercial spaces, offering multiple streams of income. They can include retail spaces with apartments above or office space with residential units.

Student Housing

Properties located near universities or colleges can be rented out to students, providing a steady rental income stream.

Multi-Family Properties

These include duplexes, triplexes, and apartment buildings with multiple units. They provide the opportunity to generate rental income from multiple tenants, spreading the risk of vacancy.


Investing in a cottage property can offer rental income, potential appreciation, and personal enjoyment. However, challenges include seasonal demand fluctuations, maintenance costs, and regulatory considerations. Mobile homes and timeshares are not accepted for mortgage financing.

  • Multiple mortgage solutions including debt consolidation
  • Apply anytime online or in person at Benson Mortgages office
  • Honest, unbiased and inclusive
  • Always free and transparent advice
  • In Operation Since 2012
  • Access to 170 lenders across Canada
  • Over $3 Billion in Funded Mortgages
  • Access to In-house Private Funds
  • Turn around time 24-48 Hrs
  • Quick, Easy and Secure
  • Get Pre-Qualified in Minutes
  • Emergency financing and bridge loans
  • Commercial Loans
  • Improve Your Credit Score
  • Need $ Within a Week?
How much are you looking to borrow?
Call or use our online form to submit a mortgage inquiry. We look forward to working with you!
Stay current with the latest topics and mortgage news.
Subscribe to our newsletter. We are about quality over quantity and we don't like spam. You can unsubscribe at any time.